THOW

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Continued my exploration of the Three Rivers area including Lake Kaweah and entrances to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. A photo shows just one inlet of the lake; the lake stretches ten miles in multiple directions, and, because of the drought, is 20% below capacity. 



Further up the road are the two national parks which I'll explore in more detail at a later time: Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Within these parks thee are 33 groves of Giant Sequoia trees including the popular Trail of 100 Giant Sequoias in the Long Meadow Grove (a 1.3 mile hike easily handled by anyone). Also, the Boole Tree, the largest Giant Sequoia in the US National Forest system, grows in the Converse Basin Grove (another relatively easy hike).

Food stands persist everywhere between Visalia and Three Rivers. Today, I stopped at three different stands to acquire the vegetables you see below (I buy in small quantities, since I'm only feeding my self). Picture below are (from left to right); carrots, celery, spring onions, asparagus, yellow squash, zucchini, green onions, avocados, red and yellow beets, broccoli, cucumbers, spinach, and cilantro. And, I paid less than $15 for all of this!  Some I will pickle and ferment, others I will sautee, some which become part of my morning green or fruit smoothie, and, particularly the spring onions and zucchini I will grill.  


No comments:

Post a Comment