THOW

Monday, May 2, 2016

I have begun my journey south and east, as I head into retirement. Packed all my gear and essentials on Saturday, April 30th, and departed Rio Vista, California, Sunday morning, May 1st, to my first stop, Lemon Cove RV and Tiny Home Community. Lemon Cove is east of Visalia, California, about ten miles. Visalia is half-way between Fresno and Bakersfield. This community sits at the gateway of the Sequoia and King Canyon National Forests which feature massive sequoia trees, mountain views and endless hiking and backpacking opportunities. Lake Kaweah lies just east of Lemon Cove, and provides boating, kayaking, swimming and paddle boarding venues.  I'll provide photos of both in my next post. The Sierras are still snow-packed here. Temperatures in Lemon Cove are moderate, and there is always a light breeze. It is very quiet here!

I will spend at least the month of May here, before I head off to Prescott, Arizona, in an area known as the Granite Dells, a lush oasis in the middle of the northern Arizona high country. 



All packed and ready to go!




Sunday arrival, and nestled into my slot, with plenty of shade throughout the day. My entry faces East to maintain the excellent Fung Shui!!



A local builder, California Tiny Homes, delivered this tiny home on wheels two days before my arrival. I have not seen the interior, however, the craftsmanship appears to be excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment